Grab hold of someone you love, and get ready to have your eyes opened, because we’ve never seen an anti-bullying video like this.
Thousands of children around the world every day fall victim to the rising epidemic of bullying, and many of those same children fall victim to their despair and make the ultimate decision to take their lives.
While numerous organizations such as The Bully Project, The You Can Play Project, the It Gets Better campaign, or the Ben Cohen Stand Up Foundation strive every day to make a difference in the lives of bullied youth, there are countless others standing on the other side of the fence with outdated ideas like “boy will be boys”, or “it grows character” that make the situation worse.
In this video, we see every day occurrences that young boys and girls struggle through, get pushed into the adult world and given an entirely new context. If we wouldn’t allow this type of behaviour to happen in an office setting, then why are we allowing it to happen in our schools, our streets, on social media and in even in our homes?
Take a look at this video, hear its message and then ask yourself if there’s something you can do right now to help stop bullying in the life of even one child around you. Chances are, you’ll find that child.
- Lawmaker Shares Bullying Experience While Promoting Anti-Bullying Legislation (wreg.com)
- 200 students show support for suspended Metro-East bullying victim (kmov.com)
- Breaking Bad star R.J. Mitte tapped for anti-bullying event in Windsor (metronews.ca)
- Bullying Increasingly Seen As A Public Health Issue (huffingtonpost.com)
- Video: Rugby star Ben Cohen strips down in shower for anti-bullying charity calendar (pinknews.co.uk)